Thursday, December 8, 2016

Braun Coffee Makers

The Braun Aromaster is the best overall coffee maker, especially for the price, and certainly the best looking. Unfortunately, Braun stopped making them about 20 years ago. Still, you can get excellent ones for under $60 on eBay.

Image result for braun aromaster


Recognizing that not all my readers will want to buy a coffee maker that isn't new, I've done some testing in cooperation with cnet. I've got good news: Every so often a product surprises me by performing better than I thought possible. Case in point, the $100 Braun BrewSense KF7150 coffee maker. Judging from its comparatively low price and modest appearance, I assumed that this kitchen gadget lacked the chops to whip up pots of excellent drip coffee. Boy, was I wrong. Time after time, the BrewSense KF7150 transformed my lowly test beans into quality joe, the type I've only coaxed from more expensive drip machines.
Sure, Braun did make some trade-offs to keep the cost down. Like the$140 Bonavita BV01002US, another aggressively priced coffee maker, the BrewSense KF7150 doesn't feel as sturdy as luxury models. It also relies on a glass carafe and hot plate combo instead a thermal carafe. If these are deal breakers then consider the $190 Bonavita BV1900TS and $299 Technivorm Moccamaster KBT 741, both premium models aimed at the gourmet set.

No comments:

Post a Comment