Saturday, March 11, 2017

Caution re Furnace Air Filters From Amazon

Text of Email to Amazon: When I've bought air filters in packs of 6 from other vendors, they come in a box that is easy to open to get a filter out and close to keep the remaining filters clean. Not so with Amazon. Amazon apparently takes the filters in bulk and re-packages them into its own box and seals it up in a way that makes it difficult to open and impossible (without taping) to re-close. I'm debating whether or not to go through the hassle of returning this order. But in all events, I shall NEVER buy furnace air filters from Amazon again.

Text of Excerpt of Response From Amazon: I'm sorry for the trouble you've had with your order. We're happy to help, but we need to verify some additional information before taking any actions. Please phone us.

Text of Reply to Amazon: Look at the email exchange for Order ID: 111-4838476-6707433.  The rep did not deal with the issue at all and told me to call, stating "we need to verify some additional information before taking any actions." I phoned. The rep I talked to said it all looked clear to him and he had no clue what additional information was needed, and that he would pass on the feedback to someone. So, it appears, I wasted my time trying to be helpful to Amazon in the first place by giving feedback and then Amazon wasted more of my time making me call Amazon for no reason. Needless to say, I  am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED in Amazon.

Some Further Stupid Emails From Amazon and Sharp and Terse Ripostes: Omitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment