Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Last Blog Post on Trump's Pressers

I am sure our loyal readers and anyone who reads this blog will be glad to hear that I will not watch or report on any more of Trump's daily pressers. Although I ff through his "presentation" (which now runs over a half-hour), from the banner notices it looks to be essentially the same thing every day (touting the V-shaped recover, the booming stock market, and the tremendous progress on the [add adjective] virus). Then he goes to questions, but not really. Even Fox News (which is the only channel covering these things now) cut away from it. The first question was a marshmallow about nothing. The second asked: “Should Biden and Harris denounce Antifa instead of supporting it?” I ff-ed through Trump’s first 5 minutes of an answer at which point Fox News stopped its coverage saying they would come back to it if anything newsworthy happened. I have not written to the NYT to protest Trump's use of plants to serve up such questions, so not surprisingly, none of its columnists has chosen to write on the issue. In all events, Trump has worn me down with his pressers.


No comments:

Post a Comment