Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Tip re Buying on ebay

I have been buying stuff on ebay for years, and while the experience does not match Amazon (e.g., the return/refund is clunkier and there's rarely free shipping), you can find stuff there, often brand new in the box never opened stuff, at prices lower than on Amazon or items not available at Amazon or anywhere. I've always used the Buy It Now option. I've always seen, but never before used the Make an Offer option, and just did, and ended up saving money. It's a very useful option to use where there are several sellers offering the same item or where you have no urgent need for the option. You get to make 5 offers and each one that is refused is refused immediately. I think that tells you there is a "Make an Offer price" the seller is willing to accept that is lower than the "Buy It Now price." And as for a bottom line: It's fun trying to figure out what the seller will take. It's go a Wordle-feel to it.

[EOP]

No comments:

Post a Comment