Trump signed an Executive Order to replace the term “Artificial Intelligence” (“AI”) with “Super Intelligence” (“SI”). The Order directs all departments and agencies to use the terms “Super Intelligence” and “SI” in all official correspondence, public communications, policy documents, and non-statutory documents within the executive branch and to no longer acknowledge the terms “Artificial Intelligence” or “AI." I'm not surprised Trump felt the need to do a rebranding of something I don't really understand and I know he doesn't. But I am surprised he didn't call for AI to be called ASI (American Super Intelligence) or TSI (Trump Super Intelligence). That said, I just wonder how long it will take his New Gilded Age kiss-ups to him (from Bezos to Musk to Zuckerberg to the Nvidia guy to Ellison and on and on) to adopt the SI nomenclature. I'm sticking with AI both in my work, my writing, and in every other way.
[EOP]
No comments:
Post a Comment