Monday, September 15, 2025

End of an Era for Cox.net Outlook Users

The horror I went through this morning for 5 hours with 4 Yahoo reps makes Jaws look like Fantasia, if you get my drift. I loved Outlook Classic (both for its calendar and it's email client) and had it mastered. New Outlook is junk and doesn't work with Outlook Google Calendar Sync (OGCS). Outlook Classic doesn't sync with the Yahoo ISP service that took over for Cox and so it won't work with OGCS. May Outlook RIP, although I would be just as happy if it roasted in Hell. I will still get emails directed to my cox.net address, but they will forward to, and I will answer them from, my Gmail account.


PS: One of the things about the Outlook calendar I liked was the ability to set an auto-default notification interval (e.g., 2 days). It took a while, but I now see where, in Gmail, one can not only set such a default, one can set multiple such defaults, which the Outlook calendar did not allow.

[EOP]

No comments:

Post a Comment